September is here… this means a new beginning. Try to take it with positive energy… we know is hard but enjoy a new beginning!!!
As part of being back to the normal activities (school, college, work, back to the city…), take some time to think about some good purposes for this year as practice some sport or be more active in general… in order to give you some ideas about this, we shall start a set of posts about green routes (green belts) for a nice walk or perfect path for biking.
Metro de Madrid is also supporting this idea and you shall find some panels and information regarding them and access via metro to all of them (6 in total).
Today´s thing to do is go for a walk or bike along the green route Casa de Campo:
- You can start/finish at the Metro Station Casa de Campo (it is very easy to access to this route).
- Total distance of the route: 15,5KM – 3h walking
- Medium difficulty due to the different type of roads you can find
- Walk to Casa de Campo and enjoy outdoors!! Casa de Campo is the second biggest forest of Madrid (Pardo is the biggest one). During the time of Felipe II is the first time there are news about Casa de Campo and Carlos III requested to fence the place and also requested to Sabatini to build the bridge of the snake (don´t miss this bridge in your walk is 400 meters close to the Metro station,
- Main milestones: Zarzón´s door: kilometer 2,1 → Rodajos´door: kilometer 3 → Somosaguas´ door: kilometer 4 → Portillo de los Pinos: kilometer 5 → Cerro de la Covatilla: kilometer 6,5 → Antequina´ stream: kilometer 8 → French´s bridge: kilometer 9 → Zoo: kilometer 14,5 → Casa de Campo Metro: End – Kilometer 15,5
Check the information that metro de Madrid prepared about this route and enjoy !!